Thursday, April 11, 2019

Week 9 (April 8 - 12)

I read Rachel Reitz blog for this class and was truly impressed by her work. In her most recent post, regarding Freud's Concepts in Fairy Tales, Racheal discussed how the id, ego and superego were demonstrated within two fairy tales, Little Thumbling and Hansel and Gretel. I found this to be really interesting because this concept was particularly challenging for me to understand but the way Rachel broke it down in her blog, made it easier for me to find similar themes in other stories as well and allowed me to advance my understanding on the concept. In her second most recent post, I really enjoyed how she connected her favorite Kenyan tale of "The Monkey & The Shark" with the concepts that he taught to the class. This blog not only showed her understanding of the material, but allowed readers the opportunity to see who she is as a person. Speaking of, in one of her earlier blogs, she mentioned that she was really interested in The Little Mermaid, so I have attached a picture to go along with her openness of character. Lastly, her reflection on Cinderella & Pretty Woman are different from the perspective that I had on the connection between the two stories, however it was refreshing to hear such an optimistic viewpoint on the scenario. Throughout Rachel's blog, I admired her detail, her genuine emotional connections to the material and her imagery, all of which makes reading her blog very entertaining. I would highly recommend also checking out Rachel's blog, by following the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment